Copyright 2012: Sea Gypsy Motel. Motels Pismo Beach. All rights reserved.
1020 Cypress St. Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Morro Bay is a half hour’s drive northwest
San Luis Obispo is a 15 minute drive north
Los Osos is 15 minutes west where you will find beautiful hiking at Sweet Springs and Elfin Forrest.
The Danish Village of Solvang
The Chumash Casino
For the more adventurous individuals:
- Rock Climbing areas are within a half hour’s drive at Cabrillo Peak as well as Bishop's Peak and the Ridge Trail in Montana de Oro. For information on climbing areas, please visit www.mountainproject.com.
- Birding is an area favorite. The Audubon Society (www.morrocoastaudubon.org) lists San Luis Obispo County as one of its top ten birding sites in the country! Morro Bay Estuary is one of the largest unspoiled coastal marshes in the state. Impressive Peregrine Falcons nest and hunt from the cliffs off Morro Rock. The Winter Bird Festival takes place in Morro Bay each January.
- Wine Rail Excursions. Monthly excursions feature amazing train rides on the Cuesta Grade, visits to rail related wineries, and more! Santa Barbara trips added for 2013 (www.ccrrf.com/excursions.html)
- Bicycling on the Bob Jones Trail. This trail is located in beautiful Avila Beach, beginning near the 101 freeway and ending in downtown Avila Beach.
- Kayaking. Explore the magnificent waters of the Central Coast!
- Pier Fishing. Fishing from the pier generally results in some good catches of red snapper and ling cod. No license is required for pier fishing, but it is required for deep sea or surf fishing. Bait, tackle and rental gear are available on the pier.