FAQs about the Sea Gypsy Motel in Pismo Beach
Copyright 2012: Sea Gypsy Motel. Motels Pismo Beach. All rights reserved.
1020 Cypress St. Pismo Beach, CA 93449
WEATHER & CLIMATE:
- The average temperature in the summer on the Central Coast is 74 degrees Fahrenheit (with lows in the 50’s) and an average of 65 degrees in the winter (with lows in the 40’s). A few times a year, the temperature may reach the high 80’s. Remember your sunscreen! Winter highs are 65 degrees with average lows of 43 degrees.
- Mornings may be cool and foggy until the sun breaks through so layered clothing is best. Pack a warm sweater, scarf and hat if you are visiting in the winter for those evening walks on the beach to enjoy the sunset. Tennis shoes or beach flip-flops are recommended for beach walks. Think casual --- this is California!
- Evenings are cool but usually not cold, perfect for enjoying the hot tub!
- Downtown Pismo Beach is walking distance and offers boutique and novelty shops, specialty beachwear, surf shops, restaurants (award winning chowder, chili, ribs --- outdoor and beach front dining), bowling alley, footwear, famous cinnamon rolls, candy stores, beach kites and toys, wine and beer tasting and art galleries.
- Within a short drive (or walk!) of downtown is the Pismo Beach Premium Outlet Mall. This outlet center features 40 stores.(www.premiumoutlets.com).
- Every Saturday & Sunday between 10 am and 4 pm, you can ride the free Beach Trolley. The one hour scenic ride connects the hotels at Pismo Beach and Shell Beach, Dinosaur Caves Park, Port San Luis and points along Avila Beach Drive (Avila Barn and Bob Jones Bike Trail). Check out the entire route and service times on their website: http://www.slorta.org/avila
ABOUT PISMO BEACH
- Pismo Beach is located along 23 miles of beautiful shoreline with a backdrop of rolling hills. It is conveniently located halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. It is a classic beach town with small shops and quaint restaurants such as the famous Splash Café. You can stroll along the boardwalk or onto the 1300 ft. pier to enjoy the sites and sounds of the sandy beach and rolling surf. Whether you are visiting the Central Coast for relaxation, day trips to take in the local sites or for an outdoor adventure, our Pismo Beach hotel will be central to all your activities...you'll never run out of fun things to do and see!
- You will find conveniences and many activities on the beach. There are public restrooms, sand showers, volleybal courts, children's play equipment, benches and drinking fountains.